Monday, December 7, 2020

THEORIES FROM AN IDIOT- Tower of Theory

 Tower of God

Anime Season 1

(Spoiler Warning!)



(Keep in mind that I am only progressed as much as the end of season 1 I plan on reading the manga soon though!)
This is an anime that I had been wanting to watch for a while. I just hadn't done it until recently I decided to power through the episodes. I am shocked and honestly excited about the direction of the story. I like to think I am pretty good at deducing twists, but nope this time BLIP! sucker punched.


"Blip!" The fall

The biggest hint to Rachel not being a good person is the fact that she wasn't made out to be all that likeable. Her character resided in the shadows and the appealing thing about Rachel was the idea of Bam being happy with her. this ideal is what makes 1.) disliking (hating) Rachel easy and 2.) Rachel betraying Bam wasn't conceived so easily, even with all of the foreshadowing from Khun and other characters of the inevitable act of loss.

Loss and Desire 

The driving forces behind the series are loss and desire. The characters testing to climb the Tower have either experienced loss and are fighting to get back what they have lost (in a special case to prevent someone else from experiencing loss) or have a desire to become powerful and out of jealousy and fear commit heinous acts to fulfill that desire.


Theory

I have been mulling over the reason these events were set in motion. There is room to argue that the director wanted Bam killed because he is dangerous to the Tower and more importantly King Zahard. So he wanted to have Rachel kill Bam, but Headon wanted to have Bam become the savior he is supposed to be, but he knew he wouldn't be to with how he feels about Rachel, so he decided to make a proposal that will eventually have Bam's perception of Rachel shift and he would begin his training. to make Bam replace king Zahard (I havent really met king Zahard, but I feel like he isn't one of the good guys, just based off of Anak's storyline.

Now this isn't airtight of course I am sure there are many holes that can sink the boat, but that is what I am thinking right now.
 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Overcooked